Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The "Enjoy It While It Fits" Bonnet

We're going to a wedding this weekend in Salmon Arm.  It's supposed to be very hot and sunny, and apparently there will be little to no shade during the outdoor ceremony.
So the Little Miss needed a fancy hat to wear!


I used a vintage pattern (Butterick 5102) that I picked up at a thrift store for about 10 cents a few years ago.  The fabric and lace were all from my stash - in fact, I used both fabrics in Nova's baby quilt.  I can't remember if I ever blogged about it, so here is a photo of my lame first attempt at a quilt, ha ha ha.  I read a sewing blog one time where they said that "baby quilts are like the gateway drug into quilting" which is TOTALLY true!  I've got lots of ideas to make future quilts, he he he.
Luckily the bonnet juuuuuust fits...  She will probably only wear it for another week or two before she grows out of it.  We have another wedding to go to at the beginning of Sept (also in Salmon Arm) but I doubt she'll be able to wear it to that one.  C'est dommage...  I'll have to come up with something else.
She decided that she would be reasonable and have TWO naps yesterday so I was able to whip it up in one afternoon.  Today however, is a different story...  one twenty minute nap this morning is all she would take.  Sigh...  One day at a time, right?
I love this little stinker 
Happy Wednesday everyone!
xxx
Caramia

No comments:

Post a Comment