Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New Year Sewing Projects

Since little Nova's arrival almost 3 weeks ago, I really haven't had much time to do anything other than breastfeed, change diapers, cat nap and have a sitz bath once a day.  That doesn't stop me from dreaming and planning my future sewing projects however!

I started making a baby sling just before Nova's birth which I hope to finish over the next few days.  I also made her a pair of scratch mittens from Home Sweet Homebodies free pattern and a newborn sized hat from the free Whip Up pattern.  She hates wearing the mittens and takes them off as fast as I can put them on...  So I just waited until she was asleep one day and then I cut her sharp little talons.  But she doesn't mind the hat.  Isn't it just soooo stinking cute???
Sooo effing adorable!
I upcycled an old long-sleeved t-shirt of mine to make the little hat, as well as a matching pair of pants.  Since we are using cloth diapers, Nova needs to wear a bigger size of pants to allow for the extra bulk.  I used the sleeve cuffs as the bottom of the pant legs, and then used a pair of 3-month sized pants as a pattern.  It's so easy!  Just turn one pant-leg inside the other and trace away!  Here are a few photos for clarification:
Old t-shirt
Size 3 month pants - one leg folded inside the other
Line up the pants on the sleeve cuff to cuff
Finished pants!
We have a couple of weddings to go to this summer and fall and would like to make a new dress to wear.  Plus I want to make some mother/daughter matching outfits for Nova and I!

My SIL and BIL gave me a copy of the Colette Sewing Handbook for Christmas along with the Macaron and Lady Grey patterns.  I'm so excited to make both!
I also have the Minoru Jacket pattern from Sewaholic that I hope to make up soon.  Perhaps it's just wishful thinking that I will have some spare time in the next year?  LOL!

Happy Tuesday everyone!
xxx
Caramia

No comments:

Post a Comment