Sunday, June 12, 2011

Baby O's Bathrobe

I thought I'd better post a bit more about the baby bathrobe I made for my friends' preemie daughter last month...  I used Simplicity 3711 and some fabric I'd found at a thrift store to make an adorable little bathrobe for baby O.  I ended up making size XS - 0-3 months, but since she was born at only 29 weeks it might be a little while before the little darling can fit it.  No matter - both her parents said they love the bathrobe, so I'm hoping it will get lots of use once she's big enough.

Close up of the pockets
 The pattern came together pretty easily, but I had some trouble with the lining.  I used a really thick towel material which turned out too bulky to fit underneath the thin cotton outer portion of the robe.  Next time I make this pattern, I might even choose to go one size up in the outer layer to avoid the bunching at the sleeves and armpits.  I also had a tough time with the sleeves; the lining was too long in some places and too short in the others so it didn't have a very nice finish.  Luckily you can't see it unless you roll up the sleeves.  Which they might have to do since O is so little...
Sleeves



I'm actually quite embarrassed at how long it's been since my last post...  It's been a bit of a whirlwind around here for the past month or so - I finally got a job!  Woo hoo!  It's only part-time, and in Whistler so I have a 45-minute (although spectacularly beautiful) commute.  That and Blogger seemed to be down for awhile, I wasn't able to log on to create a new post.  Hopefully now it's all fixed, since I have LOTS of projects on the go (as well as working at my new job) - I'm making three bridesmaid dresses for the weddings I'm in later this summer.  More about those later.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Caramia
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment